Clindamycin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, oral cavity, bones, and respiratory tract.
$0.49 – $0.95
Clindamycin is a narrow spectrum antibiotic that fights bacterial infections in dogs and cats. It raises the white blood cell count to help prevent the spread of bacteria. Clindamycin is especially useful in treating infections in the mouth because it is able to keep infections contained. The antibiotic acts on bacteria by inhibiting the production of proteins, thus stopping the growth of susceptible strains of bacteria.
This medication requires a prescription from your veterinarian. It is available in 25mg tablets and 75mg, 150mg, and 300mg capsules.
Use as directed by your veterinarian and follow all instructions printed on the prescription label. Be sure to complete the entire prescription, unless instructed otherwise by your veterinarian. Allow your pet access to plenty of water. Liver and kidney functions may need to be tested periodically during treatment. In the case of a missed dose, give as soon as you remember or wait until it is time to give the next dose. Do NOT give a double dose of this medication, as an overdose can occur.
Store at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use in pets with known hypersensitivity to clindamycin or lincomycin. Do not take this medication at the same time as erythromycin. Use with caution if your animal is pregnant or nursing. Clindamycin can interact with other medications. Therefore, it is important to tell your veterinarian if your pet is on any other medications. Use with caution if your pet suffers from kidney disease, skin allergies, asthma, or colitis. If you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your pet while administering this product, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Allergic Reactions and Serious Side Effects
Allergic reactions and more serious side effects are rare but can occur. Some common signs of allergic reactions and more serious side effects are hive, facial swelling, facial lesions, loss of appetite, dizziness, and dark colored urine. Symptoms of an overdose may include vomiting, depression, or loss of appetite.
25mg, 75mg, 150mg, 300mg