Digoxin is used to treat heart failure and abnormal heart beats.
$1.18 – $81.95
Digoxin stimulates the heart’s contractions and treats heart failure and irregular heartbeats in pets. It is a cardiac glycoside. When the heart loses its ability to contract effectively, Digoxin increases the availability of calcium to the heart muscle, thus making the heart pump blood more efficiently.
This medication requires a prescription from your veterinarian. It is available in .125mg and .25mg tablets and as an oral solution in a .05mg/1mL 60mL bottle.
Give as directed by your veterinarian and follow the instructions printed on the prescription label. Be sure to complete the prescription to ensure a full recovery, even if your pet seems to be improving, unless instructed otherwise by your veterinarian. Dosage and duration of treatment depend on the condition being treated and response to the medication. Make sure your pet has access to plenty of water during treatment. In the case of a missed dose of Digoxin, give it as soon as you remember or wait until it is time to give the next dose. Do NOT give a double dose of this medication.
Store at room temperature, protected from light and moisture.
Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Do not use in pets with known hypersensitivity to Digoxin. Do not use in animals suffering from kidney failure, lung disease, or some heart diseases. Periodic blood tests may be needed during treatment. This product may interact with some other medications. Therefore, inform your veterinarian of any and all medications your pet is taking, especially cimetidine, antacids, antibiotics, thyroid replacement drugs, diazepam, verapamil, or quinidine. If you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your pet during Digoxin treatment, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Allergic Reactions and Serious Side Effects
Allergic reactions and serious side effects are rare, but the can occur. In the case of an allergic reaction or a serious side effect, seek immediate veterinary attention. Some common signs of allergic reactions and serious side effects are breathing difficulties, facial swelling, hives, fainting, disorientation, or irregular heartbeat. Overdosing is possible with this medication. Signs of an overdose include irregular heartbeat, lethargy, seizures, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and vomiting.
If you have any additional questions regarding this product, please contact us at (877)220-6337. A member of our pharmacy staff will be happy to assist you!
Tablet, Oral Solution
0.05mg/1mL, 60mL Bottle, 0.125mg, 0.25mg