K-Caps are used to treat bleeding disorders as a result of ingesting rat poison.
$0.45 – $0.80
K-CAPS are capsules that contain Vitamin K1. Vitamin K is a fat-soluble vitamin that is used in the production of blood clotting factors. Deficiency or inhibition of vitamin K can lead to a bleeding disorder. In animals, vitamin K deficiencies usually occur due to ingestion of certain types of rat poisons. The chemicals in rat poison inhibit the production of vitamin K1, which leads to internal bleeding that will not stop. K-CAPS help counter hypoprothrombinemia, or an extreme impairment in blood clotting, which can lead to dangerous bleeding.
K-Caps are available by prescription only. Effective treatment for rat poison ingestion. Effectively promotes blood clotting. May also be used in some liver diseases to help the liver produce blood clotting proteins
Keep out of reach of children and pets. Vitamin K1 should not be used in animals with known hypersensitivity or allergy to this drug. IV administration can lead to severe allergic reactions. Red blood cell destruction can occur if excessive doses of vitamin K are administered for long periods of time.
Use as directed by your veterinarian. Follow the instructions printed on the prescription label. Store K-CAPS at room temperature. Be sure to complete the prescription to ensure a full recovery, even if your pet seems to be improving, unless consulted otherwise by your veterinarian. Duration of administration depends on the condition being treated, response to the medication, and development of any adverse effects. Vitamin K treatment should be continued as long as the poison is present in your pet’s body. Some rat poisons are long lasting and can remain in the body for up to 6 weeks.
Dosage for DOGS and CATS
1-3 mg / pound of body weight. Split up the total dose into equal doses and give 2-3 times daily
If you notice any behavioral or physiological changes in your pet while giving K-Caps, contact your veterinarian immediately.